Airport Security Solutions
Ayonix, a leading face technology provider has developed Airport solutions by using Face recognition technology.
Why Airport needs Security
Passenger numbers at an Airport are relentlessly increasing. The more people increase at airports, the more problems in security occur. Many airports are aware of this and they have already deployed many security systems, CCTV camera systems, monitoring tools. However, there is still security leakage. It is because airports are like a metropolitan city. There are many people traveling daily which cause long waiting lines time to time. Face recognition solution not only increase security but also help travelers to reduce waiting time.
Therefore, Face recognition is playing an ever-increasing role at airports.
Benefit of Face recognition at an Airport
- Short waiting time
Short time in check-in,
Fast security check by face recognition
Automated Passport authentication and fraud passport check.
- People demographics information
For restaurants, airport-service management companies, marketing survey is very important. Knowing gender, age of people, airport services can be improved significantly.
- People satisfaction measurement
Ayonix face recognition measures how many people are happy, or unhappy or angry.
Measuring this at departure (or arrival), check-in counter and security gate, passport check area will give some information when people are happy or angry. Improving the part will improve customer satisfaction as well.
- Increased security for safe-airports
Determination of troublemakers, wanted people increases the security of entire airport.
- Less number of accidents
Ayonix Face recognition gives warning alarm when a face is detected in critical regions such as stairs, escalators, and elevators, wet-ground.
- Prevention of wrong-flight boarding
Although there are boarding pass check several times, there are still people who are boarded to wrong planes. Boarding passes are checked by staff. They have to check many boarding passes in one day which brings some person mistake. By doing these by face recognition, such mistakes are minimized. Even the need for boarding pass may not be needed by using Ayonix Face recognition
- Better service for Children and Elder people
Airports are used by many people from different age ranges from infants to elder people. Once a person is lost, security people check cameras manually. Face recognition helps to determine the lost person immediately by searching the person of interest in all Airport camera systems.
Problems of other Face vendors and solutions of Ayonix Face recognition
|Max. Recognition Distance||3 meters||50 meters|
|Recognition performance(walking people)||60%||90%|
|Recognition under Sunglass||No||Yes|
|Recognition under Facial Hair||No||Yes|
|Recognition under Face mask||No||Yes(Conditional)|
Where can we use Face recognition at Airport?
- Surveillance: Real Time Watch list Alerts
Matching faces captured from IP cameras against photo databases and give the watch-list alerts
Conditions for success:
- Use high definition cameras (3-5 megapixels).
- Indoors with uniform lighting or outside during daylight without specific glare.
- Cameras should be mounted so that people move towards the camera such as in a corridor, lane or access gate / turnstile (not large crowds of people).
- Cameras should be positioned to minimize the angle to the face (< 30 degrees).
- Surveillance: Forensic Video Analysis for Lost people(Children, Elders)
Video saving to NVR, DVR is essential but the management of these huge number of video footage is not done effectively. Therefore the intelligence in this footage typically remains inaccessible unless appropriately analyzed and indexed. Reducing investigation hours is essential. Face recognition during an event of searching a person at airport such as lost children, elders, or a specific person is essential to enable authorities to determine if, when and where they have been present.
- Passengers without Documentation
One solution is to quickly and accurately determine the point of origin of arriving passengers without documentation, such as asylum seekers.
If a passenger presents himself or herself to immigration without documentation and does not provide accurate or complete information about themself, authorities can capture a photograph of the person and search the database of archived faces. If cameras are placed in aerobridges to record disembarking passengers, it is then a simple process to identify on which flight the passenger arrived.
- Marketing purposes
Solutions using IP Cameras with face recognition can timestamp when individuals are detected at known camera locations, thereby providing highly accurate information on passenger flows such as:
- How long does it take to move between two or more points? (Such as check-in to security)
- What are the averages and when are the peaks?
- How does this vary with time of day?
- What percentage of passengers move from security to duty-free?
- How many of these are male / female and which age range of people?
- How long does the average passenger spend shopping in duty free?
- How is this impacted by queue lengths?
- How many passengers are happy or angry?
How it works:
As passengers enter an area of interest they are acquired by a camera
- IP cameras enabled with Ayonix Face recognition are installed at appropriate areas of interest.
- Passengers are automatically searched against the database of enrolled individuals.
- The passenger’s anonymous record is updated with a camera number and timestamp.
- The database is automatically purged as required at regular pre-defined intervals.
- The system can raise the appropriate alerts as required (i.e. queues too long).
The strength of Ayonix face recognition technology lies in its tolerance to environmental changes, compressed surveillance videos and images. Ayonix’s cutting edge technology can even give the highest search results per second, and can recognize various faces with a high level of accuracy, even when linked to a massive database of over 1.6 million records.